Whew! I can’t believe I left my blog alone for this long! I will try to make writing here a more regular thing. I realize that nobody really reads my blog but it helps me. Of course, if you are reading my blog, please leave me a comment. I don’t care if I know you or not, I just want to know that someone is reading this. Lots to catch up on!
School is going well. I am taking five classes, with a total of 17 credit hours this semester. It certainly is a handful, but I think I will come out of it with at least a B average. Below is a list of the classes I am taking.
- INFO-I201: This is a logic class. Lots of ifs ands ors and thens. Then there are the truth trees, which are hella fun, in a strange way.
- INFO-I210: This is a PHP programming class. Again, another class that is hella fun. I am learning a programming language that will undoubtedly become a valuable asset to me in the future. I will take the second part of this course, INFO-I211 next semester.
- INFO-I303: This is a class that I am taking over the web. It’s not too bad. There are a few long-term projects that have me worried. In this class, we are basically trained not to be the nerd we are in front of the boss.
- CSCI-N305: This is a C programming class, again taken over the web. Pretty challenging, moreso than the PHP class because I cannot simply talk back to the instructor.
- NEWM-N110: This is a usability course. We are trained to make sites attractive and easy to use, unlike some other sites.
Work is going well too. I work on campus for UITS in the STCs. Unfortunately today, I racked up four attendance points because I slept through my alarm and was 46 minutes late to my shift. Oh, well. I do not think I will happen again, other than that, I am enjoying my work. It is not too challenging, my work schedule works around everything else, everyone is really nice, and oh, I get paid. Right now, I am being paid $7.50 per hour. Next semester, it will be raised to $8.00 per hour.
I have started a new project. It’s pretty much just your average run-of-the-mill “photo a day” deals. So far, I am keeping up, but I am terrible at staying with things like this. The photos are going up on my Flickr account.